PASSENGERS’ RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Traveling by air or using air transport services confers certain rights. But it also comes with some responsibilities. Among the main ones are:
1. The right to the full value for your money
2. The right to compensation for flight cancellation, delays, damaged/loss baggage and denied boarding for reasons other than technical, weather conditions, air traffic control restrictions, security risks and industrial disputes that affect the operation of the flight.
3. The right to book and confirm tickets with an airline of your choice.
4. The right to the provision of a conducive airport environment before, during, and after flights.
5. The right to seek redress for all irregularities during your flight.
6. The right to timely feedback in respect of matters/complaints lodged with service providers.
7. The right to be fully informed about flight status. 8. The right to be treated with respect and dignity irrespective of race or physical condition.