GUIDELINES FOR FILING COMPLAINTS
- All service providers in the industry have been guided by NCAA to set up their own Customer Affairs Unit (CAU). Dissatisfied customers are advised to direct their complaints FIRST to the appropriate service provider’s CAU before forwarding same to NCAA’s CONSUMER PROTECTION when not satisfied.
IN SENDING A COMPLAINT TO NCAA, THE CONSUMER IS ADVISED TO:
- Obtain a CONSUMER PROTECTION Complaint/Suggestion form from any Consumer Protection cubicle/service desk, Complaint/Suggestion box or NCAA office, or use the online WebForm; or fill a Non Punitive Report form
- Complete the form or write a regular letter of complaint, stating precisely the complaint and the desired redress; or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State clearly the complainant’s full name, contact address and telephone numbers;
- Attach copies (never originals) of all relevant documents such as flight tickets, baggage tags, airway bills etc, depending on what the complaint is all about;
- Be prepared to supply all further information and/or attend meetings that may become necessary in the course of investigation;
- Address the complaint to the Director General of NCAA, attention the Director Consumer Protection
- Drop the complaint (Hard Copy) in any CONSUMER PROTECTION cubicle, complaint/ suggestion box or NCAA office or on-line at email@example.com.
- At the various stages, CONSUMER PROTECTION’s findings and other information from the service provider are communicated to the complainant.
- In some cases, tripartite meetings comprising the complainant, service provider and NCAA are convened by the Department to jointly resolved knotty complaints.
- Irrespective of the findings or involvement of CONSUMER PROTECTION in a complaint, the parties are free to seek further redress by legal or other appropriate means.